Subject: [Leica] Migrating to Mac
From: photobynelsch at gmail.com (Bill Nelsch)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:59:06 -0700

HI Tina,

I'll add my 2 cents:  I'm a former PC user (since DOS 1.0) and for the past
year and a half a very happy Mac user.  I echo the suggestion of getting the
27" iMac, quad core, 2 TB hard drive instead of the MacBook Pro.  They
haven't been shipped to the Mac stores yet so it's kinda hard to play with
one at the moment but with the capability of up to 16 gigs of RAM I'm
guessing the thing absolutely flies.  (I have the 24" iMac and have the 27"
on order) I have had no problems crossing platforms with my CS3, LR1, 2 and
3 as well as various other programs.  Picasa still works better in PC form
but with the Intel processor in the Mac's now you can run PC programs on
your Mac faster than you could on your PC.  Best of both worlds.

Do yourself a favor and go to the nearest Apple Store and spend some time
playing with the machines.

Bill in Denver