Subject: [Leica] Anybody with an actual M9 have experience with largefast cards?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:24:47 +1000

If you are shooting uncompressed (14 bit)  18mp DNGs the files are 34.7MB
each on the card. Interestingly, importing them with LR3 will losslessly
compress those (both the original and second copy) to ~18MB on your
computer/external drive.
I use all 4GB cards on the M8 as my choice and found the almost 400 frames
per card practical with the M8 when travelling and shooting a lot. I think
that 16GB cards will become the new 4GB for me.
Keep in mind that you will need to change the battery periodically (expected
400~500 exposures dependant on your style), so in my opinion it is better to
align the card change with that operation if you have a heavy shooting
schedule. For cost and risk reasons also, in my opinion 16GB is the best
choice.  For less demandig situations, around 90 frames on a 4GB card is
pretty useful anyway. I think that 32GB is the highest supported in the SDHC
standard. Someone will correct me if that's out of date. Write speeds may
see some improvements when firmware updates become available in the future.

--
Cheers
Geoff

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/