Subject: [Leica] M9 improvements
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 10:00:18 +1000

Dante, I just meant that there is an optical reason (not a CEO preference!),
related to eye relief and the slightly increased body thickness that the
magnification is .68 rather than .72. The actual viewfinder is unchanged
from the M7 but the new eyepiece has a slight negative magnification. You
certainly can go to a higher magnification (currently only externally) as
you know but at the expense of the wider frame-lines and eye relief too.
Otherwise you need a new larger and different viewfinder mechanism. I use
the 1.25 with the 50 and up  and find it very helpful especially with
fast aperture settings.

--

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] M9 improvements)