Subject: [Leica] M9 reporting f/stop in EXIF?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:25:08 +1000

Yes, both with M9 and M8. And yes, apparently derived from the brightness
sensor which was C1's method too. Nevertheless accurate to 0.5 ~ 1.5 stop
here in the sample (100 files) I checked today. Those are from a couple of
days where I can confidently recall actual aperture used. Don't know on lens
detection parameter yet. That's a good question! Can someone with a
camera confirm if any manual lens detection can be made independant of
selector lever (frame line) position?

--
Cheers
Geoff