Subject: [Leica] M9 reporting f/stop in EXIF?
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:07:10 -0700

I noticed that in Lightroom 3 Beta, that M9 files (which I downloaded)
are reporting an f/stop in EXIF data.  They all seem to be half stops,
e.g., 2.5, 4.5, etc.  I thought I had read that the M8 calculated an
estimated f/stop for flash use, using the light measured by the small
sensor near the red dot.  It was judged to be too variable to be
reported, however.

Has this changed for the M9?  Does it only work when lens detection is
on or the lens type is set manually?  For those of you with M9's, how
accurate is it?

An interesting bit of data, but I had learned to live without it.

Regards,
Bob Rose
www.robertrose.net

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] M9 reporting f/stop in EXIF?)