Subject: [Leica] Gout?
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:54:05 -0700

On Oct 25, 2009, at 3:42 PM, lrzeitlin at aol.com wrote:

> Lluis,
> If you are unfortunate enough to have gout rather than a simple
> sprain, I literally feel your pain. A few years back I went to my
> doctor because I was afraid that I had broken my toe. "No," he
> reassured me. "You have joined the British aristocracy. You have
> gout."
> "But don't worry," he told me, "after a few weeks of agonizing pain,
> it will go away. At least until the next time." And, he was right.
> I don't mean to practice medicine without a license but there is a
> therapy that works fairly well for me. I take a .6 milligram
> colchicine tablet every morning as a preventive. If I start having
> gout symptoms, I up the dosage until I get diarrhea. That usually
> aborts the episode. No one really knows how colchicine works but it
> has been used for gout for several hundred years. The alternative is
> to give up meat, chocolate, and red wine.

Against the possible diagnosis of gout, stands the likelihood that
Lluis never touches these things....

Also I recall that gout usually starts in and involves the small
joints esp the feet...

Seems more likely that Lluis was involved in some sort of physical
interaction with the senorita, and one of the seven veils,

Steve