Subject: [Leica] Gout?
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:42:15 -0400

Lluis,
If you are unfortunate enough to have gout rather than a simple sprain,
I literally feel your pain. A few years back I went to my doctor
because I was afraid that I had broken my toe. "No," he reassured me.
"You have joined the British aristocracy. You have gout."
"But don't worry," he told me, "after a few weeks of agonizing pain, it
will go away. At least until the next time." And, he was right.
I don't mean to practice medicine without a license but there is a
therapy that works fairly well for me. I take a .6 milligram colchicine
tablet every morning as a preventive. If I start having gout symptoms,
I up the dosage until I get diarrhea. That usually aborts the episode.
No one really knows how colchicine works but it has been used for gout
for several hundred years. The alternative is to give up meat,
chocolate, and red wine. A fate almost worse than the gout pain itself.
But however you treat your knee pain, take good care of yourself. You
give the soul to the LUG.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Gout?)
Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Gout?)