Subject: [Leica] was iso 100.000+?? -- now quotes
From: bamboozld at gmail.com (K Landdeck)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:07:09 -0700

Reminds me of the quote that kicked off the entranceway to the
Friedlander retrospective when it came through SF a while back:

"I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car
(a Hudson) on a clear day.  I got him and the car.
I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry and Beau Jack,
the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted
tuberous begonias on the porch and seventy-eight
trees and a million pebbles in the
driveway and more.  It's a generous medium,
photography."  -- Friedlander.

Our "seeing" really only involves paying attention to a very small
number of elements in our field of view.  In many (most? all?) cases,
photographs show us what we didn't see while we were "seeing".  Of
course, sometimes that other stuff ruins the image, other times it
makes it.

-- Kevin

Only connect.
bamboozld at gmail.com