Subject: [Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 07:50:24 +0000 (GMT)

The d30 was 3.3 megapixels, I owned one and my findings largely agreed with
Reichmanns. It was the d60 which had 6+ megapixels.
I am aware of plenty of theoretical studies which prove film is capable of
better resolution. With 25asa B&W film this may be true, with the films I
used the overall printed results are clearly better from my digital camera,
from the d30 to the D3x in order of pixels.
I am tempted to suspect that what we measure in terms of resolution is not
what a human looks for in a picture. A bit like hifi where steady state
distortion is used as a measure of sound quality, which it clearly is not,
probably because it is easy to measure with simple instruments rather than
any real relation to sound quality.
Certainly AA filters seem to be largely unnecessary, despite what the theory
says, implying that the theoretical analysis is not actually of the key
parameter(s).
Just like hifi.
cheers,
Frank