Subject: [Leica] So how about that M9 sensor?!
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 17:46:16 +0000 (GMT)

My guess has been that, assuming that a wholly new technology sensor is
unlikely, a UV/IR filter with a fresnel lens type of surface such that the
light impinging on it is a good average of the light leaving the rear of the
Leica lenses most likely to be used with the M9.
This would mean that symmetrical lenses such as the super angulon and CV 15
mm will still vignette and the longer lenses, such as the 90 and 135 will be
less good than on a non-tweaked filter, but the majority will have a good
engineering compromise, at least as good as current DSLRs using designed for
film lenses.
Hopefully there will still be no AA filter :-)
Frank