Subject: [Leica] QUESTION????? Kodachrome RIP
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:05:21 +0200

Doug is right on the ball here.

The beginning of the end of Kodachrome was when really good E6 films
came along, long before we were all shooting digital. Most people
preferred the convenience of same day service to mailing it to some
distant processing lab. I stuck with it until 2003, but I was also
living in Switzerland the last 3 years, and the European processing
was done there, so the postal delays were bearable.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu