Subject: [Leica] kindle and newspapers
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 12:22:05 -0500

The little Natchitoches Times seem to flourish these days.  It does five
issues a week with a fairly small staff.  They print it right here.  Lots of
community news, and their advertising is way up since the two "metros" have
stopped reporting from here.

The Shreveport Times and the Alexandria Town Talk, once quality papers, are
owned by Gannett now.

Those papers are from towns about an hours drive, and they both once had
offices with reporters living and working here.  They both have cut back
staff and production to the point that Monday and Tuesday editions  don't
offer enough paper to wrap the weekend's crawfish shells.

So I probably don't need to state that outside Sports and