Subject: [Leica] kindle and newspapers
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:38:25 -0700 (PDT)

The San Francisco Chronicle is tanking. We just canceled our subscription as
the cost doubled in 6 months; 3 different price increases. Now almost $2
per...? They have the same size pie (cost basis) and fewer customers to eat
the pie, therefore bigger pieces per customer. Works with pies; doesn't work
with newspapers.

Daily papers are ruling the paper world?now in the?Bay Area. Free, full of
advertisements. Not so great reportage, but wrap fish well....
Best,
Bob
?Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA