Subject: [Leica] kindle and newspapers
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 16:30:41 -0400

I'd think we can assume the newspapers get paid to have it appear in an
electronic book.
On the internet by now most of them have figured out how to make it pay off
on the internet version.
The kindle issue would seem to be not newspapers going out of business but
BOOKSTORES.

Me I love books and bookstores.

You come to visit me in NY I bring you to the Strand bookstore first stop
and the photo section. Its the Powells of NY. NY's Powells city of books.
In Portland its bigger and you can drink esspresso as you read the books.

Here its Westsider Rare & Used Books? just a block from me.
& or the Juilliard bookstore 18 minutes due south.

And the ultimate hang out the Starbucks at the Barnes & Noble at Lincoln
square. The photo magazines are right there and you can look at all the
books from the photo or whatever section as you spill espresso all over it.
Then buy it.

I always buy a book by its cover.
Never fails.

Seldom does a gorgeous well made book not read well.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] kindle and newspapers)
Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] kindle and newspapers)