Subject: [Leica] Hello, to M8 users, can you tell me what your workflow is, for DNG?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 18:23:07 -0400

At 03:35 PM 5/9/2009, you wrote:
>And this specific DNG thing not exactly on the forefront of what most people
>think about when they think about working in raw.
>I think most photographers have never heard of a DNG.
>
>We're talking bout the RAW workflow.
>
>Mark William Rabiner

I doubt that.  DNG is the non-proprietary RAW that all of the
Photoshop and Lightroom gurus suggest converting your RAW to, whether
its a NEF or a CRW.  It should be a DNG.  The only reason not to
convert is if you intend to use the camera manufacturer's RAW
convertor.  But who knows how long those proprietary raws will be
around?  DNG is here forever as an open file format.  The file sizes
are smaller as a plus and include all XMP sidecars files within the
DNG files.  There's also something called Recover Edges in DNG, that
I've never used but is supposed to be a good thing.  Not all software
supports weird raw files but they all support DNG.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Hello, to M8 users, can you tell me what your workflow is, for DNG?)