Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Children of the World
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:34:22 -0700 (PDT)

Well I just thought they were gorgeous photos of beautiful children.

It's pretty obvious this fellow is looking at these photos with a different
mind set.

I find it fascinating that photographs, which are images of a frozen point
in time and do not change,?can be?interpreted?to arrive at completely
different reactions. That's in part why I'm fascinated with photography.
This fellows reaction is, however,?a bit extreme IMO.

Perhaps this fellow could?take a step back and look at the beauty shown in
these photos. I've raised (so far successfully?and with great effort :-) )
three lovely children?and only wish I?had one photo of each of them as
beautiful as the ones Tina has shown here. My only conclusion was the same
as many on this list; no matter where in the world children are, they are
children and have beauty and?elicit hope for the potential that we can all
find a global comonality that prevents us from becoming such crazed adults.
This fellows rather vehement reaction and escalating rudeness gives even
greater meaning to the juxtaposition of the innocence and joy shown in
Tina's photos and what they may turn into when they grow up (actually,
perhaps don't grow up but become more childish in behaviour with age).

Thanks again Tina for posting. As for the fellow not seeing this, fine, but
I would hope he would make the effort now to step back and look at the
beauty of Tina's work. Try to see it from a different perspective. It would
be a good exercise in standing in the other person's shoes so to speak.??And
this fellow's?point has been made and perhaps he can move on and?strive to
take and show photos as lovely as the ones Tina has shown.

So endith my small opinion on this.
Best,
Bob
?Bob Adler