Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Children of the World
From: nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:19:53 +0100

> Now do please go away or let us know how you make out discussing this
> situation with the United Nations Council!
>

> Dr. ted

My wife will be addressing the UN on children and paediatric care this
summer in New York, the abstract was accepted two days ago. As mentioned
she worked her way out of Calcutta, you want to cut the bleeding heart
crap and show kid pictures illustrating work ethics. The whole Live Aid
phenomena was based around the principles of teaching a person to fish
rather than giving them some food, so showing tearful children as a
method of identifying is a backwards step. Currently the message being
sent by pictures like those is "I identify with that child and the
terrible conditions they live in, so I shall work for a living to give
them money" which is wrong on any level.

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMGS: Children of the World)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMGS: Children of the World)