Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Children of the World
From: scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:00:29 -0400

Phillip,

Every photographer, indeed every human being, has prejudices and
biases. That is just who we are. Tina has hers and you have yours just
as I have mine. The biases shows in every picture we take and every
sentence we write. So be it. Learn to deal with it.

If you don't agree with Tina's perspective on life, present your own.
Please!

I've seen grandma & grandpa sorting through the garbage cans on the
streets of Shanghai late at night looking for anything of value that
can be sold (no, they are not street people!). If I had taken some
photos and showed them to you, would you accuse me of bias? Is that an
accurate view of China? It would be my perspective and it is neither
right or wrong.

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Children of the World - unbiased photojournalism)