Subject: [Leica] IMG: HDR?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 08:23:35 -0500

You're demonstrating restraint Bob.
You're attempting to tame high dynamic range
while maintaining a natural (to human vision) relationship
between shadow and highlight details and textures.

Many of the folks using HDR software
seem to be looking to create a hyper reality
a "hey! look what I can do"
where they trade
any sense of natural light and shadow
for eye catching vibrancy and
an artist / illustrator appearance

the best of them actually succeed
in blending techniques with personal vision
while the majority simply copy the best

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com