Subject: [Leica] IMG: HDR?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:59:21 -0700

Tina showed:

>>>>Playing with HDR.  Yes?  No?

>>>>http://www.pbase.com/image/110866896

Hi Tina,

A very interesting effect. Although it gives an appearance of being "over
done?"  I can see using it as some kind of "artistic touch" sometimes. It
would have to be the right subject where the effect would be more of an
enhancement rather than in this case, I feel a "distraction."

There was a second image of the same scene which was not bad at all. I
didn't find it distracting as it appeared a regular photo. I would like to
see just the plain old fashion image along side each of these "fixed"
images, which I think would allow for a better visual understanding for
comparison.  By the same token maybe this is the wrong scene to be using
this software as an enhancement?

My reaction to the HDR image was, it was some kind of painting rather than a
photograph.

ted