Subject: [Leica] OT: CV 15/4.5 in Nikon F Mount
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:38:59 -0400

The idea of using a real wide angle on any camera is a day I thought would
come for me long ago instead of not quite yet.
But if you're using a pro or prosumer grade nikon body you an use all the
old lenses especially the ai's which would give you metering. Ai's are
probably even better some how. Plural*

The 18 2.8 with the crinkle finish which more than gives Leica's attempts at
crinkle finishes a run for their money.
They really do remind me of Leitz microscopes
And give you the impression that the glass inside must be exceptionally
tasty. Cost so much that finish they cant afford to make it any more.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/ultrawid
es/18mm.htm
Or
http://tinyurl.com/csnoat

And I can recommend my AF-S Nikkor 14mm f/2.8S ED
And so would ED himself I'm sure.

* http://www.cameraquest.com/aidaiais.htm
I checked and Steven says in effect S stands for Small and cheap.
So I'm glad I ever worried about AIS glass.
They were the big new thing right when Parallel Lines hit the shelves in
vinyl. Punk glass. Here today gone tomorrow. 1981
Summer of not so much love.

Mark William Rabiner