Subject: [Leica] OT Nikon D700
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:38:28 -0500

Actually the Nikon F has a reputation of being a very reliable
camera. The reason is with the exception of the penta-prism, mirror
and new mount, it was basically the S3 rangefinder body with the SP
shutter. It was hard to go wrong. I would equate the Nikon F to the
Leica M3, both very successful mechanical masterpieces. I have two
Nikon F's and two Leica M's. All four cameras still work beautifully.
And I still use them however the meter in one of the FTn finders is
intermittent after 50 years and one of the M meters has died. But all
four are still able to take wonderful photos. To me the next big step
came with TTL meters and electronically controlled shutters, the
Nikon FE which led to the F3 and finally the Leica M7. I believe all
three of these cameras were very successful.

And as Mark comments so eloquently, "Leica and Nikon go together like
peanut butter and jelly". Do they for me? You bet.

Len