Subject: [Leica] Leica and leather M8 NOISE ?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Feb 23 10:03:48 2009

Gene offered:

>> Over on the LUF there is a guy who swears that people on the streets of
NY have given him dirty looks and made harsh remarks as to the noise from
his M8.<<<<<

Hi Gene,

On the streets of New York? Really? My goodness I've never been in New York
when it would be that quiet on any street!  I fear this chap is ignoring the
fact he the user is creating the attraction by physically moving the camera
about and drawing attention to himself through his body arm motion rather
than any sound from an M8.

Being of a senior age I might tell this chap face to face he's full of
whatever comes to ones mind!

It might be interesting to see the pictures he took where he's drawn
attention to himself via the "click" of the M8. The paranoia of New York and
people with a camera may also be creating his receiving "dirty looks and
harsh words!"

If Mark "the Rabiner" were to see this post I'm sure he could shed some
light on this chaps New York negative comments.

ted