Subject: [Leica] Speaking of Bruce Gilden and street photography
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Feb 24 17:03:57 2009

Scott offered a film clip:

>> The comment in one of the recent posts concerning Bruce Gilden and street
photography, made me think of a clip I saw on You Tube recently about him. I
went and had another look at the 4 minute clip tonight and thought about
what I'd like to do if this guy stepped in front of me with a flash in my
face. Like he does with the elderly lady in the first shot he takes on this
clip.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkIWW6vwrvM

Would be interested in folk's comments on this guy.<<<<<<<<<<<<

I suppose because he is a "MAGNUM" photographer some will think he's a cool
shooter. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! BARF BARF!!

Your question about what one might do if he were to flash in my face in
similar fashion as he assaulted the unsuspecting lady senior citizen?  I
know he would be wearing the camera right in a location which he might have
some difficulty sitting down without great pain!!

This isn't photography, he's just a bloody fool making a damn nuisance of
himself degrading the rest of us who are photographers. My heavens when they
show his "exposures!" One dare not call them photographs!  I can't imagine
what Magnum members must think having a clown such as this belonging to such
an illustrious group of photographers?

It's surprising he hasn't been punched out yet, it being New York where he's
carrying out this stupid nonsense. Utter tripe!

Ted