Subject: [Leica] Leica and leather M8 NOISE ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Feb 23 11:00:31 2009

The streets of NY are filled with tens of thousands of people snapping away,
tourists from all over the world -right this very second. Often in roving
packs of 20 or more.  In the time it took me to type that 1000 exposures
were made and hours worth of video footage.
There is no place easier to take pictures. Just point your camera in any
direction and close your eyes and snap.
Where you to be NOT taking pictures you'd be looked at with suspicion and a
policeman on a horse would lean down and politely hand you a camera to use
for the day.  And instruct you to ignore the walk signs "walk when you can"
is what one on a horse told me as I was thinking about crossing Houston with
no walk sign but no traffic. To just stand there just draws suspicion to
yourself. They also have bicycles like that; and cars.

Comments coming from people so keyed into the sound their camera are making
normally comes from people whose pictures you're never going to see.
NOT John Collier though. I just Google-Imaged him.
I always wanted to take those Pre Raphaelite photos but could never figure
out which filter to use!
A naked girl with very long hair on a horse you can't go wrong I say.
Very warm tones. Greek architecture on the English countryside; an
unbeatable combination.

Mark William Rabiner