Subject: [Leica] Dehumanizing portraits?
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Jan 21 21:27:02 2009

The same comment was made when Bush came into power as far as I remember.
Someone on this list felt the photographer "had it in" for the sitters. I
don't think there is "greatness" in this series, but I don't see anything
sinister. Plain white background does lend to a slightly "harsh" and "empty"
atmosphere, and not everyone photographed "well".

Cheers