Subject: [Leica] OT: Audiophile Question
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Jan 14 20:32:02 2009

Hi Greg,

Nine cables sounds like you're putting together a 5.1 Home Theater
system. If I were you I would start with Monster RCA cables. They
lock pretty tight on the jacks and should sound pretty good. They
also are very well shielded if you get the best ones. If it sounds
good to you that's all that matters. As you've already found out the
price of good XLR's can cost a fortune. You can spend $1000 for a
pair of 1 meter cables and not have the top of the line. All my
cables are made by Transparent.

<http://www.transparentcable.com/index.php>

But I was lucky to get them all at 1/2 price when a local Audio store
was going out of business. Even at that my cables alone cost more
then most audiophile complete systems. But I'll tell you it sounds
damn good.

Good luck with your turntable and vinyl collection. But that's a
different discussion.

Regards,
Len