Subject: [Leica] New TMY
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Sat Jan 10 08:55:55 2009

The greater thickness of 120 T-Max films is a great advantage, at
least for me.   With Tri-X and Plus-X I tend to get those  little
half-moon crimps in negatives, even when I'm being very careful not
to create them.   I think they are either sui generis or just plain
magic.   At any rate, they sometimes show up in a print as a dark
crescent and are very annoying.    Not with T-Max!  The thickness of
T-Max makes them impossible, and I very much appreciate that.    I
have used T-Max developer for many years.   By being careful not to
overdevelop, I've avoided the highlights problem, although, for some
reason, I get blocked highlights with 35mm T-Max 400 under the same
circumstances.

Bob