Subject: [Leica] IMG: Common Goldeneye
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jan 3 05:56:50 2009

Alastair Firkin wrote:

> Don't think either is your best, the second is "easier" to interpret
> and I like the bow wave. The colour of the water is more attractive
> as well. The detail of the water on the feathers of the first one is
> great. Could you be too close? Either would be a fine addition to any
> "guide" book as there is such fine detail in the bird itself.
>
>Cheers
>
>--- wildlightphoto@earthlink.net wrote:
>
>http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/anatidae/cogo00.html
>http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/anatidae/cogo01.html

Thanks for the constructive comments, Alastair.  Given that I frequently
encountered the lens' minimum focus distance I might have been a bit too
close ;-)  but the terrain & veggies made physically backing up rather
painful.  I plan to go back tomorrow with a shorter lens (terrain making
carrying a full kit rather hazardous).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com