Subject: [Leica] un-believable
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella)
Date: Fri Dec 19 16:07:39 2008

I don't even think Leica is even in the same class the US auto
industry - which has as good technology as anyone's but has been
struggling mightily with product mix and cost-effective production.
More importantly, the prices are not out of scale.  Leica, on the
other hand, doesn't even have the technology - and unless you believe
that having Germans assemble it is worth a ton of money,* the prices
are way out of line.  The equivalent of an M8 in the automotive world
would be building a 1997 Civic and selling it today for $60,000.

Dante

*Assuming Solms and not Portugal does the work.