Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppies USA adventures 1
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Dec 17 20:51:42 2008

Thanks to the folks that looked and commented so far.
Howard, that is exactly what I had in mind when I facilitated this shot. You
can see my shoulder and face framed just right. I fell again as I tried to
stand. Aussie worn down street shoes are not suitable for 18 inches of snow
and ice, it seems. I got no shot when I dropped my M8 about 18 inches onto
concrete on Alcatraz. That 'choonk' sound is one of the saddest in the Leica
vocabulary. I think I hit the lens hood on my 28. Anyway, no damage at all
to camera or lenses on any of these adventure occasions. To see the Red Rock
Canyon covered in snow was amazing, even LV is completely snow covered! The
airport is not closed, yet. The Grand Canyon airport was closed right after
we left it too. But to be in Yosemire when the first snow fell was very
literally spiritual for me. Many pictures to post once we are home.
Cheers
Hoppy the snowman