Subject: [Leica] Now I know why the filters are needed on the M8 :-)
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Dec 17 09:57:52 2008

Well Ted, I'm sure that's part of it, given that I had to trash about
half of the images due to missed focus or subject movement or camera
movement. I am lucky to live within walking distance of that
particular bar, so I could indulge freely.

But on a serious note, this does convince me that the filters are
really needed.

And of course, this is a bit of a case of "if you can see it, you can
photograph it". A typical exposure was 1/15 or 1/30 sec. at f1.4, ISO
1250. So we are not exactly talking about an abundance of light, which
I suspect also contributed to the problem.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain