Subject: [Leica] Now I know why the filters are needed on the M8 :-)
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Dec 17 08:14:57 2008

Last night we had the annual Christmas Quiz in a local bar, arranged
for the 10th year in a row by two English guys at work. For me, this
was the second time around, and disappointingly our team came in
either last or next-to-last.

Anyway, I took about 80 pics with my M8 and the 50mm Summilux that
arrived the day before. My UV/IR filters are not here yet, so I got a
good flavour of why they were needed. Of course, the light in the bar
was horrible and dim, and so black came out as not black.  A couple of
the pictures of a woman at my table leads me to ask the following: if
her allegedly black hair has a purple tint, should I conclude that:

1) She was wearing a polyester wig?
2) She had coloured her hair and so the M8 was reacting to the
chemicals she used?
3) I was too drunk?

TIA,
Nathan