Subject: [Leica] FYI: Black paintM9
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Mon Dec 15 21:32:45 2008

Hi Jerry,
I am familiar with chrome plating for wear but is it any good if there is
chance of impact, like heavily professionally used lenses may experience?
The considerable difference in hardness between the two metals could lead to
the chrome layer cracking due to deformation of the parent at an impact
site. Does it, or would this combination not normally be chosen for an
application with a risk of impact in aerospace?
I have seen chrome plated alloy wheels in some parts of the world, a bit
garish for me!
Frank