Subject: [Leica] M8 UPgrade - 90 Cron APO focusing problems - now question
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat Dec 13 14:21:37 2008

Hi Aram,
Film has a bow in it as it sits in the camera but the surface of the
M8 CCD is perfectly flat. At f2.0 my Cron (although within spec
according to the Schmidt repair department) is mismatched enough with
my M8 that it back focuses. On my film camera (M4) the bow in the film
compensated for the back focus. Expressed another way - there is a
tolerance for correct focus in the depth of film which is not there
for the flat single plane of the CCD. Hence lenses need to be more
accurately adjusted for the M8 than for film cameras.
Perhaps come experts will weigh in on this.
Cheers
Howard