Subject: [Leica] Need some technical assistance
From: chehl at comcast.net (Charles Hehl)
Date: Fri Dec 12 15:25:42 2008

Jim,

I just sent Sherry my nickel 50 Elmar because it was not focusing properly.
In the past I have also sent her a 50 Summicron with the same problem; it
came back perfectly aligned.

Sherry works miracles with these lens, but unfortunately her prices have
gone up some.  The Summicron was $75 for full CLA.  She now charges $115 for
full CLA of a lens...never-the-less still a bargain.

My philosophy is get it fixed now...you never know when the few remaining
experts are going to close their doors.  Sherry also has my IIIa for an
overhaul.

Regards,
Charles Hehl
Pottstown, PA