Subject: [Leica] Need some technical assistance
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Fri Dec 12 14:22:04 2008

Those familiar with my LUG posts will remember that my trusty Bessa R2a
wasn't functioning properly, or at least I believed so: my beloved Summicron
35 was waaaaay out of focus, based on the RF readings.  So, assuming the
camera took a clop, I sent it back to Rich Pinto for adjustment.  He
returned it today, noting it was "perfect".

Suspiciously, I tried it again, but with a different lens (a 50 Elmar).  It
indeed was perfect, the RF  coincidence and the footage indication on the
lens were a perfect match.   Same with three other lenses.  When I tried it
with my 35 Summicron, it was WAAAAY out again.

So, is it possible for a Leica lens to go that far out of adjustment?  If
so, I suppose it's time for a trip to the Krauter spa.

Jim Shulman

Wynnewood, PA

Replies: Reply from chehl at comcast.net (Charles Hehl) ([Leica] Need some technical assistance)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Need some technical assistance)