Subject: [Leica] I got a new camera yesterday...
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Dec 11 18:04:50 2008

Hi Nathan, and welcome back ;-) I'm behind with my LUG mail and everything
else, but I was taken by the delight you have expressed on getting back on
the M band wagon. Recently I spent 3 weeks in Paris and I'm now home from 3
in Antarctica. The M was perfect in Paris and a delight to use, and the
images I think speak of its great street cred. I used the SLR DMR in
antarctica and got some great images, though I do think it may be the last
major outing for the DMR. Without having got onto the big computer, the
images from the E3 certainly seem to compete in most aspects, so I hope the
R upgrade is not too far off. In retrospect, I wish I had taken an M with
wides to compliment the DMR: changing lenes is a pain in a zodiac!!!

Cheers

Alastair