Subject: [Leica] RD-1 (AGAIN) or G1?
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Dec 11 13:11:40 2008

Had the G1 only a few minutes in my hands, with the panasonic zoom, so I
can't say much about using m-lenses with it. The RD-1 is certainly a god M8
backup as it works in a similar way, and without expensive adapters, but as
mentioned many times here, there's a reliability issue with some samples
dued to a poor quality control.

As a pro photog I'd prefer the same camera as backup, for ergonomy reasons,
but for us amateurs I'd say any camera is ok as backup as long as it takes
pictures.

Didier