Subject: [Leica] Stupid questions about M8
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Dec 11 00:06:53 2008

>Well, my M8 arrived yesterday, and last night I charged the battery,
>updated the firmware, and set up the camera to my liking. I do have
>two somewhat stupid questions:
>
>1) It seems that the shutter release needs to be pushed harder and
>further than I remember with the film Ms. I still have several of
>Tom's soft releases. Is there any reason why I should not put one on
>the M8? Or does he have a special digital edition ;-)

The softies are all digital. They're digital to analog converters,
transferring the digital motion to a smooth analog one.

Actually, I don't find them as useful on the M8 as on film M's, as I
can't seem to feel the exposure lock point easily, and I use that a
lot.

>2) More importantly, a question about the instant review. On my E3,
>it pops up for 3 seconds and shows me the picture and the histogram.
>On the M8, whatever I do (and yes, I have looked in the manual) it
>just shows me the picture. In PLAY mode, it does display what I
>want, but the review if picture only. Am I missing something, or is
>the M8 just designed that way? (I hope not, since the most useful
>function of instant review is the histogram).

No, you can set it up that way. Mostly I leave the instant review
off, but those times I have it on it's with the RGB histogram.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Snow? - OT)