Subject: [Leica] Stupid questions about M8
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Dec 10 22:32:25 2008

Well, my M8 arrived yesterday, and last night I charged the battery,
updated the firmware, and set up the camera to my liking. I do have
two somewhat stupid questions:

1) It seems that the shutter release needs to be pushed harder and
further than I remember with the film Ms. I still have several of
Tom's soft releases. Is there any reason why I should not put one on
the M8? Or does he have a special digital edition ;-)

2) More importantly, a question about the instant review. On my E3, it
pops up for 3 seconds and shows me the picture and the histogram. On
the M8, whatever I do (and yes, I have looked in the manual) it just
shows me the picture. In PLAY mode, it does display what I want, but
the review if picture only. Am I missing something, or is the M8 just
designed that way? (I hope not, since the most useful function of
instant review is the histogram).

Today, I will test the camera the Ted Grant way: I will just go and
take some pictures.

TIA,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman