Subject: [Leica] M-lenses on M8 - A Question
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Wed Dec 10 14:28:03 2008

Greg, it is why eBay prices for the 35/2,8 Summaron have risen recently. The
3/4 sensor eliminates the corner fall-off in both resolution and contrast
and reduces to a hardly perceptible minimum this lens' field curvature. Not
owning an M8 (yet) I cannot confirm my opinon that this lens will now
outperform the 35 Summicrons right up until the ASPH version while
preserving the well-known Leica look of the period. The legend that this
lens lacks contrast is simply untrue. And stopped down to 5,6, it is not too
far from the ASPH version. See VIEWFINDER Vol 37 No 4, pp 39-40.

Seth