Subject: [Leica] M-lenses on M8 - A Question
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue Dec 9 21:34:57 2008

Original Message:
>Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 16:52:43 -0500
>From: Leonard Taupier <len-001@verizon.net>

>The 50mm collapsible Summicron has absolutely no problem when
>collapsed on the M8 body. The clearance from the end of the collapsed
>mount to the M8 shutter is about 1/2". I don't know about the 90mm
>Elmar. But if you have the lens just measure the distance from the
>mount to the end of the collapsed lens. The M8 flange to shutter
>distance is about 31/32". If the collapsed lens is 3/4" or greater
>from mount to end I probably would not collapse it when on the M8. In
>any case I have a few collapsible lenses with adequate clearance but
>always keep them extended as leica recommends. The 90mm macro which
>Leica says is OK does not extend pass the lens mount at all.
Thanks for the information(Nathan too).

I have collapsible Summicrons in both bayonet and LTM, plus the 90 Elmar
collapsible, and I use that feature all the time, so I wondered if these
would
work if I won the lottery and was able to get an M8.  ;~)

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M-lenses on M8 - A Question)