Subject: [Leica] leica M2-R stolen
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Wed Dec 10 11:40:52 2008

I'm fortunate enough to have a couple of the 2,000 made. Neither of the two
serial numbers posted though.

The M2-r is one camera I wouldn't want to lose or sell. Good luck finding
your's.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 22:48:34 +0100> From:
jean.louchet@gmail.com> To: lug@leica-users.org; leicar8@hughes.net> CC:
jean.louchet@gmail.com> Subject: [Leica] leica M2-R stolen> > Hi Terry> > >
> I'd suspect creative use of a Dremel tool myself. Turning a 9 into an 8
and a 0 into a 9 is > not hard.> >> Stolen: 1249081> >> Seller's: 1248981>
even a step further. Let's reason the other way> and assume the robber got
M2 no. 1249081 and is willing to camouflage> the serial number to resell the
camera. Which numbers could they> transform, remembering it is easy to
engrave more lines but it is> impossible to suppress an existing engraved
line?> 1 hopeless> 2 into a 9 or a 8 would be very ugly and noticeable> 4
impossible> 8 impossible> the only possibilities left are changing 9 into 8
and changing 0 into 8.>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Conclusion: any clever robber would have changed> the number from 1249081
into 1248981.>
This is NOT a proof but there is VERY HEAVY suspicion... in your> situation
I would get in touch with the police. The seller (a> professional
apparently) is probably sincere but who knows, and if> they sell it, it will
be too late for you.> > Wish you recover your property. Robbery and envy are
among the world's> worst pleagues and each occasion to recover one's
property is good for> everybody.> > Jean> > p.s. have any lenses been robbed
at the same time in your father's> car? If so did you try and trace them,
maybe at the same seller place?> > Dr Jean Louchet> APIS - INRIA Saclay
research centre> 4 rue Jacques Monod 91893 ORSAY Cedex France> >