Subject: [Leica] David and confused
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Dec 3 20:24:56 2008

YES!! Someone else gets it!
Even better, when you get to Raw files in CS4 there is even more
functionality (for colour and BW) in the form of adjustment brushes and
targeted adjustments and snapshots that let you save all of the development
settings and new camera profiles and... Oh just try it out if you want a
good insight. You can get a 30 day trial from Adobe, I'm sure. Check out
some of the Adobe tutorials too.
Absolutely compose and visualize the photo as a BW from the start, if that's
how you prefer to work, that makes perfect sense when you've seen patterns
and contrast and textures, shapes etc that you know will make a great BW
shot. Just capture all of the colour information that gives you the
possibilities to do all of the above and a lot more. You can easily use
combinations to simulate a specific film too, if you want.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.