Subject: [Leica] IMG: More Fog & Light, two crops
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Dec 1 12:52:29 2008

Yes I forgot opening in Raw as I almost always do my default has a reverse
Vignetting darkening all sides and corners. And I'll adjust it to flavor.
The other thing I do if I have an unusual cropping which I often do is the
vignetting thing in raw wont work if you have an  unusual shape:

So once I open it in ps3 I hit lens correction filter which is under
"Distort" appropriately enough  (when you want things to not look distorted
you go into the "distort" list, just like unsharp makes thing sharp).
I assigned that a keyboard command and its one of the handful of "filters"
which works in 16 bit right at the get go when things first open.
Should not be a "filter" but an "Adjustment" if you ask me.

Non retrofocal true wides often have anti Vignetting filters you can get at
quite an expense.
I'd buy one if they did the opposite!

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner