Subject: [Leica] Read it and weep
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Dec 2 16:32:12 2008

High-Def Scanner
In November 2007, The Weather Channel used the Leica ScanStation
high-definition 3-D imaging system to show the immediate effects of damage
from Tropical Storm Noel along Florida's southern Atlantic Coast. The Leica
ScanStation imaging revealed severe erosion on Florida's east coast,
pinpointing ground shifts that endangered some expensive beachfront
properties.
Housed in a lighter, lower-profile design, the updated version - Leica
ScanStation 2 - is capable of a maximum, instantaneous scan speed of 50,000
points per second, which is more than 10 times its ScanStation predecessor
(4,000 points per second) and the industry's highest for pulsed scanners.
Cost: $156,000.

http://www.govtech.com/gt/565985?topic=117691

I think they can ask more money for the New S coming out.
But maybe it needs to be 3D...
The beginning

I know I want a new Lionel - I mean Leica ScanStation for my Holiday
present.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Read it and weep)