Subject: [Leica] IMG: More Fog & Light, two crops
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Dec 1 00:15:52 2008

If it was me I'd darken the very top of the picture where its light and
leave it more square not the panoramic crop. The top 25 %. In the darkroom
you just burn in the top with a card or your hand another stop which is
another hit of the timer switch which is hopefully on the floor.

If it was digital I'd go into mask mode in Photoshop and using the gradation
tool select the top of the picture in a gradated fashion then go back into
regular mode and darken the gradated top with either the curve tool command
M or command L Levels.
So the shot does not fall off the top.
This is standard advice.
I do it to most my images.
As do lots of people.
I used to work in a custom black and white lab.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner