Subject: [Leica] lens choice?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Nov 30 19:20:48 2008

Depends of if one is shooting film with an M7 or earlier or LTM
or cropped with an M8.

If it was an M8 my favorite lens would be the new Leica 24 3.5 ASPH coming
out.
On my M6's I love my 40mm Summicron C. if I had that new 24 I'd probably use
that just as much. I don't like the size and weight of the 21 and 24 ASPH's.
A compact third party 21 would be on my short list. As would the CV 15 or
12.

On my IIIF I like my 35mm Summaron the best. But its easy enough to bring
along all three that I have. A 50 collapsible Elmar and 90 I think Elmar.
Who is this Elmar guy anyway and why does he make all my lenes?

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner