Subject: [Leica] M8 question #2: Barcoding lenses
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Nov 23 15:21:01 2008

The only time you can get an error is if there is a screw on the
mount that falls in the area of one of the code sensors. I think
these will only show up on a couple Zeiss M lenses where the M8
thinks there is a coded lens installed and of some random focal
length other then what the lens actually is. It can be fixed by
painting the screw white. I also find that the 35mm lenses don't
really need coding. I have one 35 coded and one that isn't and can't
tell the difference. But use a UV/IR filter on every lens regardless
of focal length.

Len